When in hunting action in France, you must always carry with you:
• Your hunting licence or the equivalent administrative document, granted in your home country.
• Your validation form for the current hunting season, issued by a «Fédération Départementale des Chasseurs» (local Hunting Federation).
• Your Insurance Form, proving that you subscribed a Civil Liability Insurance («Assurance Responsabilité Civile« ) with an Insurer enabled to sell, on the French territory, specific insurance against hunting risks.
These three documents are mandatory to avoid being fined or sanctioned according to the existing regulations and/or legislation.
Besides, do not forget when hunting:
• Your «European Firerarm Pass».
• Your «European Pet Passport», if you go hunting with your dog it must be identified and vaccinated against rage.
At your request Johan Herault is happy to help you arrange the above documents.
Helpful websites and information
FRENCH National Hunters’ Federation
FACE | European Federation for Hunting and Conservation
Johan Herault has been working with the same taxidermist and trophy shipment specialist for several years. At your request Johan can organize formalities for your trophy shipment to be sent home.
To save hassle and time at airports we recommend renting a firearm from Johan Herault. He has an excellent section of firearms he is happy to rent to you at a small cost. However, if you wish to hunt with your own firearm please ensure you check all requirements and regulations for travelling with a firearm before your travels.
When booking your flights, be sure to declare your rifles and ammunitions to your airline company.
Gun cleaning equipment
Ear plugs / hearing protection
A pair of wool gloves and a waterproof pair
A waterproof backpack
Pure wool or mixed socks
A jacket with hood preferably (brown, light green or khaki)
A waterproof and windproof jacket (brown, light green or khaki)
Long-sleeved or short-sleeved shirts (light green or khaki)
Hunting pants (brown, light green or khaki)
Shoes: a pair in Goretex with rigid shell and flexible sole for mountainous areas and / or a pair of comfortable boots or horse shoes
Wool and fleece sweaters
Accessories and toiletry bag
Sun cream and lip balm in the mountains
Energy drinks / hydrating salts like Gatorade (for potassium and electrolytes)
Your personal toiletries and medicines